SPIDER CONCHS FROM THE TROPICS, AN UNUSUAL FAMILY SOUGHT BY COLLECTORS
size and price.
One Truncata Spider conchs 8 plus inches.......$15
One Truncata Spider conchs 12 plus inches.......$23
Lambis Chiagra Conchs
- Species: Lambis Chiagra, Family: Strombidae. This conch is large, thick and heavy with an inflated body whorl and short spire. The projections are massively developed around the edge of the aperture making it hard to see the spire. The apex is pointed and whorls are angulated. The body whorl has irregular lumpy spiral ribs, the rib thickness ending as curved projections. The five projections form the outer lip; with a sixth one at the base of the ridged columella;, which is the siphonal canal. The projections are open their entire length. The shell color is white mottled and spotted with brown. Aperture is pink, red and sometimes brownish. The female shells are larger. The Lambis Chiagra are found in near shore sandy sea floors; ranging across the Indo-Pacific region.
- One Lambis Chiagra Spider 3 1/2 plus inches......$1.75
One Lambis Chiagra Spider 7 plus inches......$5.75
Lambis Lambis Conch description, size and price
- Lambis Lambis known as the Common Spider Conch. These are found near shore, along sandy sea floors, across the Indo-Pacific region. The Indo-Pacific region stretches from the Indian Ocean east to the Northern Australian/New Zealand shores. This species is not considered rare.
- One Lambis Lambis Conch 3 plus inches....... .79
One Lambis Lambis Conch 5 plus inches...... .95
Lambis Milipeda Conch description, size and price.
- Lambis Milipeda Conch is found across the Indo-Pacific region.
- One Lambis Milipeda Conch 4 plus inches...... .79
Lambis Scorpio Conch description, size and price
- Lambis Scorpio Conch is found across the Indo-Pacific region. This is not a rare shell but very popular among collectors. The long projections resembling a scorpion is very attractive to most collectors.
- One Lambis Scorpio Spider Conch 4 plus inches......$1.25